We (the creators at OPTe) run a WordPress hosting platform called OPTe Network, and would love for you to use it. Our service is premium by subscription, and we offer different plans for media storage limits, premium themes & plugins, advanced features, montly traffic and page/post/product limits. Our service is designed to give you as much control and ownership over what goes on your site as possible and encourage you to express yourself freely. However, be responsible in what you publish. In particular, make sure that none of the prohibited items (things like spam, viruses, or serious threats of violence) appear on your site or get linked to from your site.
If you find a opte.website site that you believe violates our terms of service, please visit our dispute resolution & reporting page.
(Note, we’ve repurposed this from WordPress.com under the Creative Commons Sharealike license. Following the licensing terms and the same spirit of WordPress, we are making the below Terms of Service available under the same CC license, which means you’re more than welcome to steal it and repurpose it for your own use, just make sure to replace references to us with ones to you, and if you don’t mind we’d appreciate a link to its originating authors somewhere on your site. They spent a lot of money and time on the below, and other people shouldn’t need to do the same.)
Terms of Service:
The Website is not directed to children younger than 18, and service on the Website is only offered to users 13 years of age or older. If you are under 13 years old, please do not register to use the Website. Any person who registers as a user or provides their personal information to the Website represents that they are 13 years of age or older.
- Your opte.website Account and Site. If you create a blog-website on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and blog-website, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the blog-website. You must not describe or assign keywords to your blog-website in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and OPTe may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause OPTe liability. You must immediately notify OPTe of any unauthorized uses of your blog-website, your account or any other breaches of security. OPTe will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you operate a blog-website, comment on a blog-website, post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), you are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of what form the Content takes, which includes, but is not limited to text, photo, video, audio, or code. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that your content does not violate these terms or the User Guidelines.By submitting Content to OPTe for inclusion on your Website, you grant OPTe a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing, and promoting your blog-website. This license allows OPTe to make publicly-posted content available to third parties selected by OPTe (through the OPTe Firehose, for example) so that these third parties can analyze and distribute (but not publicly display) your content through their services.You also give other opte.website users permission to share your Content on other opte.website sites and add their own Content to it (aka to reblog-website your Content), so long as they use only a portion of your post and they give you credit as the original author by linking back to your site. If you delete Content, OPTe will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, OPTe has the right (though not the obligation) to, in OPTe’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in OPTe’s reasonable opinion, violates any OPTe policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in OPTe’s sole discretion. OPTe will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- Payment and Renewal.
- General Terms.
Optional plans such as Smart, Genius, and Enterprise are available on the Website covering a fully-hosted website(s), media storage limits, built-in themes & plugins, advanced features, and limits on montly traffic, pages,post,products (any such services, a “Plan”). By selecting an Plan you agree to pay OPTe the quarterly or annual subscription fees indicated for that service. Payments will be charged on a pre-pay basis on the day you sign up for a Plan and will cover the use of that service for a quarterly or annual subscription period as indicated. You can read about our refund policy here.
- Automatic Renewal.
Unless you notify OPTe before the end of the applicable subscription period that you want to cancel an Plan, your Plan subscription will automatically renew and you authorize us to collect the then-applicable annual or quarterly subscription fee for such Plan (as well as any taxes) using any credit card or other payment mechanism we have on record for you. Plans can be canceled at any time in the Plan section of your site’s dashboard.
- General Terms.
- VIP Services.
- Responsibility of Website Visitors. OPTe has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, OPTe does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. OPTe disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
- Content Posted on Other Websites. We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which opte.website links, and that link to opte.website. OPTe does not have any control over those non-Opte.Website websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-Opte.Website website or webpage, OPTe does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. OPTe disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-Opte.Website websites and webpages.
- Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy. As OPTe asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by opte.website violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify OPTe in accordance with OPTe’s Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Policy. OPTe will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. OPTe will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the Website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of OPTe or others. In the case of such termination, OPTe will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to OPTe.
- Intellectual Property. This Agreement does not transfer from OPTe to you any OPTe or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with OPTe. OPTe, opte.website, the opte.website logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with opte.website, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of OPTe or OPTe’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any OPTe or third-party trademarks.
- Advertisements. OPTe reserves the right to display advertisements on your blog-website unless you have purchased an Ad-free Plan.
- Attribution. OPTe reserves the right to display attribution links such as ‘blog-website at opte.website,’ theme author, and font attribution in your blog-website footer or toolbar. Footer credits and the opte.website toolbar may not be altered or removed regardless of Plans purchased.
- Themes. By activating a theme from the themes directory, you agree to that theme developer’s terms of service. You can opt out of their terms of service at any time by de-activating their theme.
- Plugins. By activating a plugin from the plugin directory, you agree to that plugin developer’s terms of service. You can opt out of their terms of service at any time by de-activating their plugin.
- Domain Names. If you are registering a domain name, using or transferring a previously registered domain name, you acknowledge and agree that use of the domain name is also subject to the policies of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (“ICANN”) and the Domain Name Registration and Customer Service Agreement.
- Changes. We are constantly updating our services, and that means sometimes we have to change the legal terms under which our services are offered. If we make changes that are material, we will let you know by posting on one of our blog-websites, or by sending you an email or other communication before the changes take effect. The notice will designate a reasonable period of time after which the new Terms will take effect. If you disagree with our changes, then you should stop using opte.website within the designated notice period. Your continued use of opte.website will be subject to the new Terms. However, any dispute that arose before the changes shall be governed by the Terms (including the binding individual arbitration clause) that were in place when the dispute arose.
- Termination. OPTe may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your opte.website account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The Website is provided “as is”. OPTe and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither OPTe nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will OPTe, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to OPTe under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. OPTe shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- US Economic Sanctions. You expressly represent and warrant that your use of the Website and or associated services and products is not contrary to applicable U.S. Sanctions. Such use is prohibited, and OPTe reserve the right to terminate accounts or access of those in the event of a breach of this condition.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless OPTe, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
- Translation. These Terms of Service were originally written in English (US). We may translate these Terms into other languages. In the event of a conflict between a translated version of these Terms of Service and the English version, the English version will control.
- Miscellaneous. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between OPTe and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of OPTe, or by the posting by OPTe of a revised version. Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of the Website will be governed by Singapore Law, excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state courts located in Singapore. Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Arbitration Rules of the SIAC (“SIAC Rules”) of the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (“SIAC”). The tribunal will consist of one arbitrator to be appointed by the Chairman of the SIAC. The arbitration shall take place in Singapore, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees. If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; OPTe may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.